The illustrator in me was ecstatic to discover that "delineation" can be broader in its approach than I thought. Using line, shape, tone and texture to portray form is so obvious and straightforward, this assignment of further exploring delineation by demonstrating these different rendering styles was a great opportunity to have a little more fun with one's interpretation. I mean, every illustration out there, regardless of its artistic flavor, must be executed using at least one of those four styles. Honestly, it was kind of an epiphany to realize that just about every illustrative approach can be categorized into one of a mere FOUR delineation genres. Don't you love it when the world suddenly appears to be so much simpler? I do.
11/23/09
Color/Drawing/Form: Week 13
The illustrator in me was ecstatic to discover that "delineation" can be broader in its approach than I thought. Using line, shape, tone and texture to portray form is so obvious and straightforward, this assignment of further exploring delineation by demonstrating these different rendering styles was a great opportunity to have a little more fun with one's interpretation. I mean, every illustration out there, regardless of its artistic flavor, must be executed using at least one of those four styles. Honestly, it was kind of an epiphany to realize that just about every illustrative approach can be categorized into one of a mere FOUR delineation genres. Don't you love it when the world suddenly appears to be so much simpler? I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment