9/10/09

Color/Drawing/Form: Week 3





For me, this week was a gazillion times better than last week. I think I'm getting the hang of this stuff! And I thought it was going to take all semester for me to become more comfortable with this class. By the time I got around to drawing my big "m" with the Illustrator pen tool (my former worst enemy), I was feeling quite at home with this bizarre, initially VERY awkward process. Calculating and measuring in general is still stressing me out-but that's something I've had to deal with all my life. Luckily, performing such tasks on the computer is definitely easier-I'm very thankful to have such great technology in my arsenal. Had a lot of fun drawing orthographic representations of funky objects, and I think I even had fun drawing my digital letterforms. The fact that it only took me a couple do-overs to get that m up there looking pretty decent was extremely gratifying. Yay! Here's to next week not sucking either!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, excellent work with Bezier curves. You will be double fisted with your natural sketch quality and the "Pen".

    ReplyDelete