9/4/09

Color/Drawing/Form: Week 2




Tricky stuff! Definitely learned a lot this week about...making lines. And putting those lines together to make...shapes. And measuring. And erasing. The coating of eraser shavings on my bedroom floor right now-that I'm too tired to vacuum up-are a testament to exactly how difficult this type of drawing is. For me, at least. As for the digital work we did this week (Bezier curves, etc.), that turned out to be a bit more difficult than I anticipated. The pen tool is a very temperamental beast! But as with the orthographic drawing, I'm picking up on the basics. Is there some sort of unofficial pre-requisite for the design program that I wasn't aware of? Because I didn't realize that we were supposed to already have mastered all the software. And it seems I'm more or less alone in being completely inept at math. But over all, I think I did a pretty damn good job, considering.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you did do really well to ovecome the starting points. stick with it. everyone struggles through the early stages of Illustrator.And various drawing systems are all various abstractions; conventions to obtain, master and utilize. The struggles will be a faint memory in a few weeks and you will be riding down the streetn on your new shiny red bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm struggling right along with you, Mae...with all of it! Learning is a process...we'll get there, eventually :-)

    ReplyDelete